homeabout blogabout bloggerJojorigbypilotphotosbunny care

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Bunny Creed



“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom” will keep these three bunnies quiet.  It doesn’t matter how late they stayed up the night before, if it’s the weekend or if it’s pouring cats and dogs outside.  Everyday, between 8 and 9, these three boys go into alarm mode and will start the day off by making sure my hearing is still intact.

They proceed to test if my hearing is good by rattling their cages, throwing their bowls around and scratching at their floors, you know, just to make sure I can still hear and whatnot.  It’s only after I have come out of my bedroom and reassured them that I can hear them and that their food is coming, do they quiet down.

My bunnies are actually really considerate, you see.  On a daily basis they like to remind me where my assigned seat is, and will even point me in the right direction if I happen to forget.  I no longer have to worry about getting preoccupied sitting on the floor, because Jojo will let me know that I don’t belong there by gently nudging my legs until I move to the sofa. 

Their kindness doesn’t end there.  My bunnies know how I like to sit with my feet folded underneath me, and will do everything in their little bunny powers to keep it that way.  Should I grow tired of sitting in this position and decide to put my feet on the floor, Jojo will come by and nudge my feet until I’m sitting back in my former position, all for the sake of my comfort of course.

And it’s not just me who the bunnies like to help out.  They also like to look out for each other’s health and wellbeing.  For instance, Pilot likes to remind his brothers of the risks of spreading germs, and will get mad at them if they try to take his food.  Pilot will kindly encourage them to stay away from his food by thumping his foot at whoever is eating his hay.

 Rigby NOT sharing his dinner

Jojo helping himself to some pre-lunch pellets 

No comments:

Post a Comment