homeabout blogabout bloggerJojorigbypilotphotosbunny care

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

One For You, All For Me


Picture this: It’s a normal Tuesday evening; I’m watching a movie on Netflix and eating cookies.  I place the package of cookies on a bench in my living room and get up to go to my bedroom.

I haven’t even made it out of the living room before Jojo, who was previously lounging about by his doghouse, gets up and goes hopping over to the cookies.  As I’m about to shoo his little butt away, I see him stand up on his tiptoes, place his face in the package of cookies and see his little tongue dart out and lick a cookie.

It’s only when I’m taking away the package do I notice the tiniest bite mark, and see that part of the cookie is now missing.  In short, Jojo not only licked a cookie, but he took a bite out of it as well.

If you didn’t know, bunnies are notorious for having a sweet tooth.  If it were up to them, they would eat nothing but fruits and treats.  Jojo is no exception to this; in fact, he could be the poster bunny for rabbits with sweet teeth. 

Raisins, bananas, oranges, apples, mango, papaya, the list could go on.  It doesn’t matter what kind of fruit it is, Jojo will inhale his serving and still demand more.  Because of this, I have to be careful whenever I’m eating fruit around him.  One sniff of a banana and he’s standing by my feet, nudging and demanding I give him some.

Being the impressionable bunnies that they are, Rigby and Pilot have modeled after their big brother, and have also recently taken to demanding treats from me.  While their method of begging is a little different, they’ll just stick their noses out and stand up, they won’t stop until they have been given something sweet as well.

The point here is don’t eat fruit unless you’re prepared to share, and make sure everything is located three feet or higher from the floor.

One of their favorite treats, dried orange-flavored cranberries
One of my favorites too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment